I guess my most embarrassing thoughts about The Wicker Tree was that I emailed the trailer to people I knew. I'm not sure if you can really call it a sequel to The Wicker Man, but I do know that you can call it a failure.
The movie is about a pair of Christians who travel to Scotland to SAVE the local pagans. As you might expect from modern films, the Christians are not represented well and they are received badly by the local pagans who worship a little-known Celt Goddess Sulis.
- Graham McTavish as Sir Lachlan Morrison
- Jacqueline Leonard as Delia Morrison
- Brittania Nicol as Beth Boothby
- Henry Garrett as Steve Thompson
- Honeysuckle Weeks as Lolly
- Clive Russell as Beame
- Prue Clark as Mary
- Miller Leslie Mackie as Daisy
- Plimmer as Jack
- Keith Warwick as Donald Dee
- Christopher Lee as Old Gentleman
The acting just wasn't there and I wonder what the film-maker were trying to achieve. Making a sequel is a two-edged sword, you get some of the audience from the original movie, but that comes with certain expectations and comparisons. The Wicker Tree just didn't have the same feel that The Wicker Man had. Let's just say that The Wicker Tree is as bad as The Wicker Man is good!
I give it 2 stars out of 5.