Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mother's Day, Manjaro, and malaise

Well, today is Mother's Day and, as per our usual Sunday routine, the family gathered for Sunday breakfast. Of course, we spoiled Mom as we should. After breakfast, my nephew was keyed up to do some gardening.

Sadly, I am not feeling my best. I have some sort of stomach problem. I walked him into the backyard and pointed out some future yard plans for this Summer. He said that he would pop by tomorrow --- I hope that I will fell better by then. Voluntary labor is hard to come by.

If you are like me, you probably are aware that Manjaro has had an upgrade. I suppose that this will be the last upgrade for Manjaro 15 and the next upgrade/update will be for Manjaro 16. After having seen some videoes of the betas, I am looking forward to the new Manjaro release. I have to admit that I am a bit nervous about the upcoming version of Peppermint Linux.

Unlike Manjaro, Peppermint has given us little in the way of knowing what's going on. It looks as though Lubuntu is still using lxde so I have to imagine that Peppermint will remain largely lxde as well. I was afraid that everything was moving to Lxqt and I didn't think that I would like it until I saw the Manjaro Lxqt. My gawd, the dark version of Manjaro Lxqt is freaking beautiful.

That's all from me for today. Have a happy and safe Mother's Day.