The end of ArchBang Linux?

One of bad things about using a Linux distribution that is not widely used is that, though they may be an excellent operating system, they can go away in the blink of an eye. Kev ( aka Mr. Green ) is stepping away from the ArchBang project.

Next iso release I will be stepping down as iso developer. I have been building ArchBang for the past five years now and have now decided that it is time to call it a day.
Want to thank Pablokal and Oliver for their support and for just putting up with me.
Forums/Wiki will stay active for at least another year and I will still visit and help out when I can.
Best wishes to you all <3 blockquote="">

For the new Linux user, I suggest using http://distrowatch.com/  for an idea of the trends within the Linux community and picking out a well-known Distro with a solid track-record . Oh course, I believe that Manjaro is the distribution of choice.

BTW, it's a good time for Manjaro. The newest stable release titled Ellada is being tested now and the results look very promising. Manjaro is working on a new website and the new forum is shaping up nicely. Lots of new growth at Manjaro. Check them out at https://manjaro.github.io/

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment