Review: Casting Sacred Space: The Core of All Magickal Work
Casting Sacred Space: The Core of All Magickal Work
by Ivo Dominguez Jr
Paperback: 224 pages
Publisher: Weiser Books (February 1, 2012)
The use of casting as a means of establishing sacred space is a common practice in Wiccan and Neopagan traditions. In fact it is widely considered the most important step in spiritual and magickal work. And yet few really know how to do it or do it well.
In Casting Sacred Space, Neopagan practitioner Ivo Dominguez, Jr., offers a comprehensive introduction to the techniques and rituals of casting, including:
- * How to become grounded and centered before one begins
- * The Proper timing for casting and ritual work
- * How to open up one’s psychic senses to work with subtle energies
- * How to set the stage for magickal work both internally and externally
- * Protection, symbols and meditations for maintaining sacred space.
- * The Circle, the Quarters, and other modes of casting sacred space
- * Quartering, energy work, and many cross-practice connections including Qabala and chakras.
Imbolc is a perfect time for a review of Ivo Dominguez’s “Casting Sacred Space”. Once again Weiser Books cranks out some beautiful cover art. I liked the interior illustrations and I loved the appendixes. On the downside, the book really needed an index.
I couldn’t believe that so much information could be packed into a book this size. Casting Sacred Space is a concise yet easy-to-understand book. I was impressed with the “Conclusion” at the end of many chapters, nice concise thoughts. It is a book that many beginners will enjoy and grow into.
It’s an excellent book to add to your esoteric home library. I highly recommend it.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Weiser Books. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”